“identifier_id”: “V2.0”,
“identifier_date”: “Feb 6 202420:28:24”,
“identifier_author”: “BD”,
“IDENTIFIER_NAME”: “uc2-esp”,
“configIsSet”: 0,
“pindef”: “UC2_3”,
“qid”: 0
}

We received a new cube for our second microscope with the following firmware info:
{
“identifier_name”: “UC2_Feather”,
“identifier_id”: “V2.0”,
“identifier_date”: “Mar 21 202407:30:57”,
“identifier_author”: “BD”,
“IDENTIFIER_NAME”: “uc2-esp”,
“configIsSet”: 0,
“pindef”: “UC2_3”,
“qid”: 0
}

We have an issue with the Z and A motors. When homing Z, both motors go towards the direction of the limit switch, but once reached, only the Z axis stops, while A continues moving and slipping/making noise.

I’d like to either upload an older version to our second microscope or have both updated with a working version, and I’d need some support with that. I also saw there were some commits with this issue (29.2.24; 1.3.24), so I’m quite confused about how to proceed (supposedly the current version should patch this issue, but it actually reverts a working version on our first microscope of Feb 6).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Matías Stingl

Aha, good catch and thanks for reporting!

We have the option to have the dual axis as a parameter. Should we have this

1. persistent, so that you set this once in the EEPROM
  2. have this as an argument for move motors (mostly homing)

What would you prefer?
Regarding firmware: Yeah. My fault - as always.

PS: We are working on a new REWORK firmware that is heavily reduced in memory. Functionality will stay the same.

We could make the

// dual axis Z
     bool isDualAxisZ = true;

a preference

Is this parameter not configurable through the UC2Client?? Or it needs to be hardcoded in the firmware?

Hey @mstingl right now the parameter is hardcoded during compilation of the FW. So no way of changing it. I did the following:

If this is fine for you, I’ll push a build for a new firmware update.

1 Like

Sounds good. So once you push it I’ll be able to upload this new FW through https://youseetoo.github.io/ ?

on it :slight_smile: